Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

What we've been cooking

It came to the end of the season last year and my boss asked if anyone had photos of the meals they had been cooking. I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures of my meals at all, which I think shows a mix of a lack of time and a lack of pride.

This season I made the aim to take a lot more pictures to prove to people at home that I am actually working, so far I'm doing pretty well with that aim. The first 2 weeks of this season I have been working at the Venice campsite. We have a menu there of two meals which rotate every other day. I didn't manage to take any pictures of the main meals that we serve as it was always too busy by the time we were plating them up. One night it is a Pumpkin and Radicchio Gnocchi with Amatriciana Pasta and with that we serve a pair of starters.

Antipasto Plates
 Salami, Coppa, Proscuitto, Olives, Sundried Tomatoes and Grissini sticks on a bed of rocket. At the same time on the table the caprese has a mix of tomatoes marinated in a tapenade then scattered with buffalo mozerella cheese and fresh basil.

Caprese Salads
 On the other day the main course is chicken marinated in a tomato and garlic pesto and served with a fresh potato salad mixed with oil, lemon, green beans, sun dried tomatoes and olives. For dessert we let the passengers act like children, providing them with all the trimmings for make your own sundaes.
 
Potato Salad

Make Your Own Sundaes
 Just a few quick pictures to show you what I've been up to. I'm in Rome now for another month or so now with a few days coming up soon. I plan to become a Rome expert!

Table Settings in Venice

No comments:

Post a Comment